~ Scroll down for One-to-One Mentoring Opportunities ~
LIVE ONLINE WORKSHOPS – JULY 2020
PILATES FOR THE PEN
Two guided writing workshops to relax your mind and sharpen your creativity.
Would you love an immersive hour of writing in the company of others? No anxiety, no interruptions, just a calm, focused space in which your imagination can stretch and strengthen?
Welcome to Pilates for the Pen.
Led by best-selling author & storyteller Cat Weatherill, you will follow a series of exercises designed to release your creativity and sharpen your concentration. It is a self-reflective writing journey, exploring images and the mysterious power of metaphors.
It’s easy to follow and suitable for every level of writing.
How will you feel afterwards? Calm, energised and ready for the weekend!
SESSION 1 SATURDAY 11 JULY at 10 am (via Zoom)
SESSION 2 SATURDAY 18 JULY at 10 am (via Zoom)
Both workshops will be live.
The workshops are designed as complete units. You do not need to attend both.
Duration: 1 hour
Booking information: Tickets are £8 per session (plus a £1.21 Eventbrite fee) Pre-booking will be required for the link. Please book here:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pilates-for-the-pen-tickets-109843571078 https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pilates-for-the-pen-tickets-109847982272
How can I help you?
- Would you like to be a more confident writer?
- Would you like to learn how to present your work to audiences?
- Would you like to be a better storyteller?
- Would you like help telling your story?
- Or…. ?
I have made my living as an artist for the past thirty five years. That is a LOT of experience under my belt! now I work as a trainer, either with organisations or one-to-one, to pass this expertise on and help develop emerging artists.
Clients include The Society of Authors, Writing West Midlands, The National Trust, Banbury Therapy Centre, Sure Start, the Library Service, The RSPB, The Hay Festival, Scholastic Books, Swindon Festival of Literature and countless others.
Cat is an excellent teacher, letting me watch and learn before having a go myself. Under her experienced guidance I felt more self-assured than I thought possible. It’s a privilege to have support from someone with such a breadth of professional expertise. Jess Stockham, author of The Big Red Rock
My specialist areas of expertise include:
- How to present your work as an author, whether you write adult novels or picture books for little ones.
- How to be a Visiting Author for schools: how to get work, what to expect on the day, how to create content for workshops.
- Working with true-life stories, either writing or performing
- How to raise your game as a performance storyteller
- How to be more authentic and speak from the heart
- How to work with infants as an artist
But really – anything is possible! I will work with you to deliver exactly what you need. Please contact me a chat (via the Contact form) Asking is free and I always love to talk 🙂